Monday, October 3, 2016

Joy!

As I listened to General Conference Saturday and again on Sunday I was so full of joy and thanksgiving for all that I have. Tears of gratitude streamed down my cheeks as I expressed that gratitude to my Heavenly Father. How blessed we are to live in a time, where all around us, others are scared and worried, but we know, really know that Heavenly Father and our Savior are over it all. The words that were delivered, comforted my soul. What a wonderful life I have, how glorious are the blessing of my Lord. I know he knows me and loves me, just as he knows and loves each one of us.
I especially loved hearing from our prophet, Thomas S Monson. He looks frail, but he is such an example of love and enduring to the end. I love and sustain him. I cannot wait for the November issue of the Ensign to come out, so I can once again read the talks.



The talk given by K. Brett Nattress was especially dear to me; he said when he was growing up he was quite active. Once while in Sacrament meeting he asked to hold his mother's scriptures. He opened to a place where she wrote down notes and written there were these words: "Have patience with Brett."
I have a Brett, and I can tell you I have prayed for patience with my son. While this patient mother did not lose her son to the world, I have, for now lost mine. He has a testimony and a heart of gold, he will return and I know this because it has been promised to me if I am faithful. Brett has always tried our patience, but where would I be without that teaching. Heavenly Father knows what we needed and he said, "Here is my son, teach him and return him to me."


We love all of our children, but Brett has taught us the most. He has been difficult and hard to reach at times, but he loves us, this I know. I am grateful that I became a mother when we adopted Alissa and Brett, a brother and a sister. They have given me so much joy, heartache, and love that I couldn't ever imagine. I have three step-children and love them unconditionally as well. They are all worth it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment